Sunday, June 07, 2009

No Time To Title





























I know I should have posted a few times before now, sorry. My life is insane. I feel like a champ if I make it to the end of the day without exploding.

Abigail Louise Hanna was born on April 17, 2009. She weighed 6lbs 8 oz and was 18 1/2 in. long. Mommy had no problems and says that this was the easiest of all 3 deliveries. Abigail was healthy as can be and just perfect. Daddy was able to be there for Abby's birth. He had to report back in on the 20th to Texas.

Upon reporting into Fort Hood, TX Stephen found out that he will be deploying to Iraq. This puts a damper on the family moving to Texas to be together any time soon. He will be leaving for Iraq on June 19th and should be returning home some time in January 2010. Needless to say we are not exactly excited about this.

I have been dealing with things as best I know how. Life is really crazy and stressful. Taking care of a toddler and newborn while your husband is gone is a journey I do not recommend embarking on. We do our best to make it to the end of the day unscathed. So far we are doing ok.

I returned to work last week for my in laws. To my surprise it went pretty well. My brain isn't as quick as it used to be and I am having troubles retaining things (stress I guess) but I did OK. Of course it takes me longer to get things done, but I will get the hang of juggling work and the two young one (they come with me for those of you who don't know that). I am only working 3 days a week right now. If all goes well I may pick up more days, but for now that is all I can handle.

Stephen is doing ok I guess. He doesn't say much but I think he is stressed. He has been working out a lot lately with some of his buddies. It is good that he is so great at making new friends. He has never had a problem with that.

Zack got out of school a couple of weeks ago. He found out his best friend and next door neighbor is moving. Colleen (his mom and my friend) offered to watch Zack while I work this summer so that the boys can spend as much time as possible together before they move. He is doing well other than that. He has been trying a bit harder to help me lately which I greatly appreciate. We still have our days but we are making it work. He will be going to Illinois for a couple of weeks this summer to visit family. We were all going to go but I decided the money would be needed for the move in January.

Logan is good. He is growing like a little weed. He is in his terrible two's like no other! He can either be the most polite little sweetheart you have ever met or the biggest monster. He is really good with Abigail. He loves her to pieces. I think he gets a bit jealous of her though. He only takes it out on me and Zack at this point though. We are trying to give him as much attention as possible but if you have ever had a newborn and all the responsibilities of the household and work you know how hard it is to manage it all.

Abigail and I are going to see Stephen this coming Thursday for a long weekend. This will be the last he sees of any family before he leaves for Iraq. We are excited but stressed about the visit. I didn't do very well when I thought the last visit was the last. I hope I can keep it together so we can enjoy our last 4 days together.

That is all for now. I know I am bad at keeping everyone updated. I am not going to lie and say I will get better because I most likely won't with everything I have on my plate. Sorry.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

the one of abigail sleeping on her pillow proves is the most beautiful baby ever!! poor logan and his sling... i feel so bad for the little guy. and don't fret about zack... those flight attendants will wait on him hand and foot!